Take your understanding of your market’s providers to the next level with these advanced analytics. Understand care patterns and connections as well as future demand by specialty.
Today, providers struggle with larger patient panels, specialty access and poor communication with hospitals and health systems. While providers have many choices when referring patients, care retention is critical to ensuring organizations’ near- and long-term financial and market success. Provider Connections is the foundation of a successful physician loyalty initiative. This tool helps achieve network optimization and drive physician engagement and loyalty through referral pattern insight.
Optimizing your health system network
Insights from our robust all-payer claims database, including the industry’s largest complex patient journey longitudinal claims data set, help you:
- Find and execute on specific service line revenue capture opportunities.
- Improve physician network integrity.
- Prioritize physician outreach planning.
Use provider connections if you want to…
- Improve physician network integrity
- Quantify financial impact of leakage
- Achieve short-term growth initiatives
- Prioritize physician outreach planning
- Monitor physician outreach progress toward goals
- Improve physician outreach field work efficiency
- Assess physician loyalty/leakage
- Identify splitter behavior
Sg2 Patient Flow uses direct-from-payer data to provide a complete picture of the patient journey in your market.
Having the right data makes all the difference as you look to understand patient movement across evolving health system footprints. Patient Flow’s strategic analyses take advantage of the unique value derived from using the largest fully longitudinal claims dataset available in the market, coupled with Sg2 expertise. Patient Flow allows you to see real patient movement – not extrapolations derived from complex algorithms. It is intended to focus on helping strategists understand their current System of CARE footprint strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
Patient Flow’s known consistent and transparent sources deliver:
- Actual provider connections and encounter counts for a defined population, including adult and pediatric patients
- 100% of the health care activity for all covered lives in the data set
- Analysis of where patients receive care across the community by actual provider and facility, tracked sequentially
- Specifically named site locations and providers
- Three years of rolling data, refreshed every 90 days—Sg2 has years of experience analyzing and processing claims-based data, providing you with a level of detail and confidence that’s not available anywhere else.
Use Patient Flow if you want to…
- Visualize complete patient journeys across all IP and OP sites of care
- Build growth funnel/channel strategies
- Support service line growth strategies
- Identify service gaps in care pathways
- Build and optimize System of CARE
- Inform dormant patient analyses
- Inform patient lifetime value analyses
Ambulatory Market Strategist
Decisions about the fast-paced, growth-fueled ambulatory market are typically made based on speculation, inpatient proxies or, at best, limited state data. The groundbreaking Sg2 Ambulatory Market Strategist module changes that by bringing real volumes, market position and opportunities into view across the full ambulatory landscape.
Actual—not extrapolated—volumes and market position trends for physicians and physician groups, retail clinics, ASCs, hospitals, outpatient sites, emergency departments and more offer an advanced ability to understand and influence the competitive landscape around you.
Use Ambulatory Market Strategist if you want to…
- Understand the market leaders in outpatient activity
- Understand ambulatory market size
- Analyze competitive landscape
- Inform ambulatory site selection
- Identify market winners and losers
Workforce Supply & Demand
Estimates physician demand by specialty by dividing your market’s outpatient forecast into physician productivity benchmarks. Physician supply is estimated using a database of active providers. Compare supply with demand to estimate physician surplus or shortage.
Use Workforce Supply & Demand to answer strategic questions such as…
- How many providers (by specialty) are in our market?
- How many specialists are in our primary vs secondary market?
- Where are there provider gaps within our community?